Your Brain Exercise of the Week ~ March 28th 2022
Working on your cognition is an important part of keeping your mind sharp and maintaining independence. One way to target your cognitive skills is to complete one or both of the tasks below.
*Remember, for this cognitive activity to qualify as a brain fitness exercise, you should participate at a level that is challenging for you.
You will need a writing device and paper/tablet. From the list below, identify the tasks that are critical when making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
- Select two pieces of bread
- Get out your most decorative plate
- Spread the jelly on one slice of bread
- Spread the peanut butter on one slice of bread
- Cut the sandwich into 4 small pieces
- Call your husband to pick up bread on his way home
If the exercise above feels too challenging, try this modification:
Write down or state aloud 5 items needed in order to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
If you enjoyed this activity, consider ordering The BCAT® Working Memory Exercise Book-Home Edition for hours of additional cognitive exercises that will help to protect your brain health and promote cognitive functioning.